2020-11-24

Dinner in Hotel Ayase, Rishiri Island !


by Kazu

The hotel with hot spring spa "Ayase" had been filled up with tourists from the other parts on this globe every summer but during my stay in August, 2020, I saw five or six guests in the hotel other than myself.
The main dish of the dinner was Japanese "sukiyaki" of sliced quality beef. I could hear som guests were chatting in the restaurant of the hotel  but I could not see them because the seat arrangement was based on the rule of social distancing.
Atka Mackerrel andsmall fish boiled with broth,  salted squid, vinegared cucumber and seaweed with boild squid, sushi-grade fresh shrimp, scallop, squid and red snapper satisfied me but I had expected fresh sea urchin picked up around the island.I should ask to serve the seasonal seafood but I had an appointment to visit the key calismatic adventure guide on the island Mr. Toshiya WATANABE. So I was planning to have such expensive seafood to help him to running his accommodation on that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment