2023-07-24

The Legends of Japanese Hawaiian Showed Up !


by Kazu

I was very happy to see the Legend, the First Japanese-American Governor in the United States Mr. George Ariyoshi again. Sinceļ¼©had met him in May of 2017 when Hokkaido Prefectural Government and the State of Hawaii established a Sister-state Affiliation and the Governor Ige, at that time, kindly threw us a party reception, it was the first time to have the honor to talk to him.     
His son was giving good supports to him. When I met him for the first time, I did not know that he had a good command of Japanese, so I talked to him in English.  He kindly praised my command of English but he started to talk with his Japanese-American friends in Japanese so fluently after the talk with me. 
I was so ashamed that I could not imagine his good command in Japanese.
 The Delegation  the member of the indigenous people in Hokkaido Ainu looked so relaxed and enjoying themselves near my
table. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment