2015-06-08

The Marsh on Niseko Highland, Shinsen-numa !


 by Kazu

Where do you think we entered ?
We arrived at the parking lot for trekkers to the highland pond Shinsen-numa. The marsh at the foot of Mt Chise-nupuri is one of the most popular spot to visit in Hokkaido.
 Some flowers of skunk cabbage could be seen beside the wooden deck of trail. These were mushrooming up here and there on the marsh.
Mt. Chise-nupuri could be seen from the trail. Chise means "house" in the language of Ainu, the indigenous people of Hokkaido Island. It takes one and half hour to reach the peak of the mountain.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to have found your blog. I read several articles on your blog and I think it is useful for the tourists who want to visit Hokkaido :)

    Let me introduce myself, My name is Sam Wong, a HongKonger who love travel. Two months ago, I had created a travel site which aims to connect the bloggers and the tourists. Bloggers can share the link of their articles and let tourists find the useful travel articles more easily. I know you love travel and you write a lots of articles about Hokkaido, so I would like to invite you to share your articles and let more tourists can know more about your story in Hokkaido. Look for your reply, hope you all the best!

    http://www.travelersfootprint.com/attractions

    ReplyDelete