2022-02-12

Night Strolling in Hakodate!


by Kazu

As I made a reservation of the room in our most favorite Japanese bistro "Izakaya Hakodate-yama" at eight o'clock in the evening on that day, I jogged around the bay area of Hakodate at the foot of Mt. Hakodate. 

The memorial ship "Mashuumaru" was lit up but nobody could be found other than myself. 


 

The bridge of the ship could not be seen from the gate of the park. Different from the morning jogging, it was a little bit dangerous to get closer to the ship because the gap on the ground might be covered with snow.
Older people than me may have the memory of using the ship to reach the main island of Japan Honshu and the name of "Seikan Renrakusen" must have a kind of special tone with their memory in adolescence or something special, I think.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment