2023-03-31

Strolling around the bay area of Hakodate at midnight !


by Kazu

After Hokkaido Island was shaken up with the earthquake late in the evening of March 28(Sat.),  the port city Hakodate was covered with silence again at  around midnight. No wind on the ground and ocean. Calm. Very calm.
I have gone up this slope from the bay to the former public hall in Hakodate so many times for decades. As I had to stay up until the earthquake and the damages were settled, I jogged around longer than planned before.   
I was a little bit sleepy but I had to keep in touch with the pertinent resources of information on the disaster. I could not drive after our fabulous dinner on that day. It had been almost a year since my last visit to Hakodate. The city my late father lived and loved is still so fascinating.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment