2026-07-25

Coalmine in Mikasa City !


by Kazu

I think it was the first time for me to enter the open-pit coalmine in Hokkaido. It is located in the midst of a mountain of Mikasa City. I could see the layer of the coal and other era. The other side of the mountain was still covered with trees and this side of open-pit should be filled up with soil and planted with the appropriate seedling of trees. 
Some huge dump trucks and backhoes were working to carry the soil and rocks to fill up the open-pit of the coalmine. I'd never seen such huge working automobiles before. 
I've heard of and seen much bigger trucks and mining machine like dinosaurs in Bulgaria and Australia on the web but I was so surprised to hear that one tire of the huge truck was ten million Japanese Yen and the truck itself was worth one hundred million Japanese Yen.. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment